Craft, Service or Commercial Vendor application is now CLOSED.
Please contact 336-379-0060 or EMail firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Fun Fourth Festival
Craft, Service and Commercial
Cancellation for half vendor fee refund - June 6, 2019
Placement and Details emailed to vendors - June 7, 2019
VENDING HOURS OF OPERATION:
Festival Vending Hours:
- Wednesday, July 4th, Street Festival: 1 pm – 8 pm
Booths must be staffed for all contracted hours. The Festival is a rain or shine event unless extraordinary weather presents a safety issue. All vendors are expected to be open during the hours listed above unless they are notified by Festival personnel.
VENDOR FEE AND SPACE DETAILS:
The vendor fee schedule is as follows:
- Non-Profit Vendor: $75.00 - non-profit organization
- Craft Vendor: $150.00 – personally create items sold (i.e. pottery, handmade jewelry)
- Commercial Vendor: $325.00 – purchase items for resale (i.e. clothing, non-handmade jewelry)
- Service Vendor: $550.00 – offering information on products for future sales (i.e. windows, doors, vacuums)
For this fee, vendor will receive:
- Vendor space including tent 10’x10’. Vendors may purchase up to two vending spaces.
- Listing on Festival website with link to website if applicable
Vendor must supply:
- Vendors are responsible for providing staff. Parking for staff is the responsibility of the vendor.
- Vendors are responsible for providing push carts/hand trucks for moving supplies onsite.
- Vendors are responsible for supplying chairs, tables and displays.
Half of the vendor fee will be refunded for cancellation until June 6, 2019, 11:59pm
NO REFUNDS for cancellation after June 6, 2018
NO REFUNDS for inclement weather.
All vendor booths will be inspected by a City of Greensboro Fire Marshal.
Fire Marshal: All vendor booths will be inspected on Thursday, July 4th, 2019
Vendors will not be permitted to begin their vending operations at the Festival until their vending operation has been inspected and determined to be in compliance with Fire Code.
The Festival will assign booth locations to each vendor. No space will be held without a completed contract and full payment of the contract fee. The following factors impact food vendor placement on the festival site:
- Variety of items sold. The Festival’s goal is to limit the number of vendors that sell the same type of item [jewelry, pottery, etc.] and to place vendors who sell similar types of items in different vendor sections.
Vendors may not trade, switch, or set up in another area, without approval from the Festival. Vendor locations are placed at random.
Vendors will receive one parking space in addition to vendor space. Support Vehicle parking will be near the vendor area to which you are assigned.
Vendors are responsible for providing staff. Parking for staff is the responsibility of the vendor.
Vendors are responsible for providing push carts/hand trucks for moving supplies onsite.
Street Festival: Vendors MUST arrive and set up between 10:00 am and noon on Thursday, July 4, 2019. No vehicles will be allowed in the Festival footprint after 12 pm on July 4.
BOOTH OPERATION GUIDELINES:
- Vendors must restrict all activities to their booth space.
- Vendors may not advertise outside of their booth space (this includes but is not limited to: the use of rovers, fliers, and sandwich boards.)
- Space-sharing or subletting will not be permitted, nor can the vendor assign the contract to another party.
- Raffles are not allowed.
- The Festival’s insurance will not cover personal property; vendors must obtain their own insurance. Vendor is responsible for a clean booth area, free of debris.
- Vendors should furnish sufficient change for their sales transactions.
- The Festival cannot provide change to vendors. Vendors are responsible for providing their own nighttime lighting
- In the event of a dispute, the decision of the Festival organizers will be accepted as final.
HEALTH & SAFETY:
Any vendor not complying with City, County and State regulations will be immediately closed down and not permitted to return for future Festivals.
Vendors must comply with all federal, state, and local health regulations.
The Fun Fourth Festival will not supply power resources. Generators for craft, commercial and service vendors are strictly prohibited.
BEVERAGES & ICE:
The Fun Fourth Festival has a sponsorship relationship with a major soft drink and water distribution company. All vendors who wish to sell beverages must sell the products (carbonated sodas, water) the Festival supplies through this sponsor contract. Non-profit organizations and organizations wishing to sell beverages as a fundraiser should contact Fun Fourth Festival at 336-379-0060 or email@example.com.
BOOTH CLEAN UP:
Vendors may not dismantle or remove booths before 8:00pm on Thursday, July 4, 2019 for Street Festival.
Be aware that pedestrians will still be present on Festival grounds during tear-down.
Vendors must take home their entire booths – including mats, tent, storage containers, and decorations. Any vendors failing to completely clean up their booth areas must pay a clean-up fee, as well as a cleaning deposit for the following year’s festival.
TAXES & INSURANCE:
Vendors are responsible for all local, state and federal taxes.
Vendors selling items must obtain and submit a NC Sales and Use Tax ID. Please note this is not your EIN or Social Security Number. For information on obtaining a Sales and Use Tax ID, please visit http://www.dornc.com/electronic/registration/index.html. The tax rate for Guilford County is 6.75%.
Vendors must provide a certificate of insurance. Limits should be $500,000 personal injury and general comprehensive liability insurance with minimum limits of $500,000 combined single limit coverage for both bodily injury and property damage. General comprehensive liability to specifically include Products and Competed Operations Hazard coverage and Contractual Liability coverage. The certificate must include language naming indemnified parties as additional insured. Specific requirements will be included upon vendor acceptance.
The festival disclaims any authority of control over the operation of vendors. Vendors assume all rights and responsibilities for the conduct of their operations including, but not limited to: obtaining liability and general coverage insurance for vendor-related activities adhering to all local and state ordinances and regulations.
The Festival does not have separate vendor coverage under any insurance it may maintain
Vendors who fail to comply with or repeatedly violate these guidelines may be expelled and/or not invited to apply in future years. The Festival reserves the right to amend these guidelines as needed. In the event of a dispute, the decision of the Fun Fourth Festival Operating Team will be accepted as final.