The Fun Fourth Festival annually provides a free Independence Day Celebration to the citizens of Greensboro and the Piedmont Triad. Through activities such as - The Freedom Run & Walk, Independence Day Parade, The Fun Fourth Street Festival, Block Party and Fireworks - there are opportunities for all to celebrate and enjoy the Fourth of July. The Fun Fourth Festival is produced by Grassroots Productions Limited with the assistance of thousands of volunteer hours. Under the supervision of the professional staff at GPL, the Fun Fourth volunteers coordinate and manage - the Road Races, Beer Gardens, souvenir tents, informational tents, ticket sales, accounting, children's area, food vendors, arts & craft vendors, volunteer hospitality and many other aspects of the Fun Fourth Festival. While many of the volunteer opportunities are outdoor jobs, there are several indoor jobs available.
Saturday, June 27th - Freedom Run & Walk
- Volunteer Check In - Check In and Register volunteers - explain their duties.
- Registration -- Check In & Register Runners, Hand out T-Shirts and Race Packets.
- Finish Line - Collect timing chips from Runners as they cross the finish line, cheer them on and make sure finish line is efficiently run.
- Water Stop Assistants - provide water and cheers for the runners/walkers.
- Split Timers - Call out times as runners pass.
- Runner Hospitality - cut-up fruit and bread for runners, staff the hospitality area, pour water and Gatorade.
- Children's Race Assistant - Help organize kids for foot race, cheer them on, hand out prizes.
Thursday, July 3rd - Block Party
- Check ID and issue wrist bands for beer consumption. Must be over 18.
Friday, July 4th - Parade, Street Festival & Fireworks
- Hospitality - Assist with setting up, serving and preparing volunteer hospitality.
- Children's Area - Assist children with crafts, games, rides and activities.
- Parade Assistant - Work with Parade Organizer to get participants in correct line up.
- Souvenir Sales - Sell Fun Fourth Souvenirs.
- ID Check - Check ID and issue wrist bands for beer consumption. Must be over 18.
- Beer Line - Collect Tokens, Hand out Beer, Check ID bracelets. Must be over 21.
- Token Seller - Sell tokens for beer.
- Information Booth - Staff information booth, answering questions, giving directions.
- Fireworks Usher/Greeter - pass out programs, monitor VIP seating, greet guests.
- Vendor check-in -- assist Craft Chair with early morning vendor check-in.
- Poster and Flyer distribution - take posters and flyers to designated areas.
- Data Entry/Phone Answering - General office duties as needed.
- Pick Up & Delivery - general errand running.
- Volunteer Recruitment - assist Fun Fourth Office with coordinating and recruiting volunteers.
- Table, Tent and Chair Set Up and Take Down - before and after the event work with Fun Fourth Logistics team on setting up equipment.
If you are interested in volunteering, please fill out the Volunteer Sign-Up Form
or call the Fun Fourth office at 274.4595.